Enya - Wild Child (Click her photo at right for web site)

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Celtic Woman Akron Review


My show in Akron is the last one for the tour and I think my most touching show. But as many know, our last show usually does hit us the hardest.  Just as before, I am not going over every song but will highlight certain ones. I was in the second row just a bit right of center. Not a bad seat as I had a clear view of the complete stage. That is what counts.

I had three shows this spring and each one I was more impressed with Susan. This is my opinion on Susan. I do miss Lisa Kelly and I cannot wait for her to return, but I hope CW management offers Susan a contract to remain with the group. I would not want to see Susan leave. I think she is talented and a great addition to the talent of Celtic Woman. Each time I heard her perform “Follow On,” I loved it more each time. With her voice and her stage experience, I think Susan does a fabulous job performing the song.

I always tell fans that a live performance exceeds any DVD or TV performance. I just love the interaction and the way Lisa and Chloë start “Teidhir Abhaile Riu.” They are on the floor and interact with the audience as they perform but what is so comical is how they relate to each other as they sing. Susan comes out and she adds more to the story line. I do not want to spoil it for those who have not yet seen it, but you will love it. The song is great but the story line will make you laugh.

Máiréad never ceases to amaze me with her music and talent. Even though she performs the same songs during the tour, each time it is really different. You never know what she is going to do until she does it. As I have said many times, her creativity is unlimited.That is one thing that excels her above others. I wonder how many venue employees become fans of Celtic Woman after hearing them perform while they are at work. I do know that a few years ago I was talking with one of the ushers at a local venue and he told me that workers had to bid to work the night Celtic Woman performed at the venue. So that goes to show how popular they are with venue employees. What he told me was that everyone wanted to work when they come to town. How cool is that?

I love the song “Sailing” because it has a part for everyone involved in the group. This includes the vocalists and all the instrumentalists.

But now onto my meet and greet-

As I mentioned above, this was my last show for the tour. So I was really dead set on who I hoped to see at my last M&G. I wanted so badly for Máiréad and Susan. Many of us have our favorites but that in no way takes away from the talent of the others. Each of these ladies are talented in their own personal way. But I love to talk with Máiréad and share my plans with the site I operate about her. As for Susan, she was the only one I have yet to meet.

I did my usual of getting to the back of the line but I stayed with one couple because they did not have their camera and I offered to take a photo for them and email it to them. Everything started fine but than my camera started to act up. It is new so I am still learning it. Somehow I pushed a wrong button which was messing it up. I finally reset the default and it was fine after that. So I would have had a few more pics but at least I got some.

I got to Máiréad first and I did not take any pictures when I got to the ladies because I wanted to talk, not stand there taking pictures. I had some more material for Máiréad to sign from her pre-Celtic Woman days and one program she has never seen before. Not only do I love asking her to sign them, they are great conversation pieces – and we do talk about them.

We talked about a few other things and then I moved onto Susan. I talked with her for a few minutes and as usual, forgot some things I wanted to say. She is lovely and I enjoyed talking to her.

I waited a few minutes so I could get a photo with Máiréad and Susan. I am never sure how to put my arm around them so I put it around their shoulders. Well, two ladies with long hair, I know my arm pulled on their hair a bit as I rested it on their shoulder. I quickly fixed it.

Memories of shows and M&G will always be with me as nothing can take that away, but photos are nice to have because it adds that visual with my memories. I completed my shows this tour with all four women and I was so blessed that the ladies made this possible.

Thank you Máiréad, Lisa, Susan, Chloë and everyone for bring me such wonderful memories.
























No comments:

Post a Comment