Enya - Wild Child (Click her photo at right for web site)

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Celtic Woman - Little Rock Review

The following review is from a friend of mine who attended the Little Rock show



Well, it is over and what a show it was.  I left early and picked up my friend Johnny for the trip to Little Rock.  We stopped at the Chinese place in Sheridan and I ate a small meal. We arrived early and sat outside on some nice benches for the public.  It was a beautiful day.  Eventually we went in and I purchased a program and tee shirt.  We went to the front row. I visited with the lady from state PBS and a character to my left that was still engaged in the battle between England and Ireland.  "Lose it and get a life."

 As the musicians went to their stations I pointed at Ray and yelled "Ray Fean."  He said "hey there" and started to clap.  The audience followed suit.  I noticed the elaborate new set and my first though was "There is not enough space for them to do the flying sequence in Teir Abhaile Riu."  And it turned out to be the case.  I was delighted that Lisa did the spoon sequence during Dulaman.  I loved Ray's solo on the Bodhran.  At one point he pointed at me.  That was cool.  I enjoyed Tommy's flute solo.  Máiréad and new choir member/dancer Craig Ashurst were magic as a pair.  That alone was worth the price of admission.  Early in the show Lisa locked eyes with me and waved.  I smiled but as I waved back she had turned and was headed in another direction.  Later in the show Chloë was giving one of her talks.  As her gaze came towards me I blew her a kiss.  She then blew one right back at me.  How cool is that?  The most unusual and entertaining part of the show for me was Teir Abhaile Riu.  Even without the flying sequence it was fantastic.  It stared out with Máiréad high up on the set and Andy sitting beside of her.  Then these strange noises started to permeate the theatre.  Everyone was looking around wandering where they were coming from.  I kept saying "Is that Máiréad?  No, it can't be her."  Eventually Chloë and Lisa came down the aisles and one came up on each side of the stage.  They continued what I can only describe as some Gaelic chant.  One of the most unique things I have ever heard.  That was not in the filming in Atlanta and took everyone by surprise.  The energy of the show kept building and ended in a fever pitch as it always does.

I loved Susan's stage presence, her voice, her presentation, her beauty and certainly her ever present smile.  If Lisa comes back next year I hope they retain a spot for her.  She is special. 

I was pleasantly surprised that Lisa and Máiréad showed up at the Meet and Greet.  They were here last year also.  So Máiréad signed the magazine and mouse pad I received.  When I put the magazine down she said "I've been seeing some of these lately."  Then I mentioned that you had been passing them out.  Bubba just loved the mouse pad.  He said that it was really cool.  Both the girls were very nice and everyone adored them.  Johnny was taking pics when I was at the table.  After my turn I got out my little disposable camera and took several snapshots.  I was all over the place trying to get different angles of the girls.  So were several other people.  We were all jockeying for position.  It was quite amusing.  I told one lady with PBS to move over for a few seconds so I could get a shot I wanted.  I took about 15 shots and the camera holds 27. 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment